Rosés or Roses?
I’ll take the Rosés, please!
From Italy and France, here are my two current favorite Rosés perfect for everyday or a little gift for that special someone (instead of or with the roses)!
- Variety: Sangiovese and other complimentary varieties from Tuscany
- Aroma: Red fruits
- Taste: A bold yet balanced wine full of raspberry and strawberry notes
- Price: $14
- My thoughts: Love a Rosato (Italian Rosé) and this Santa Cristina is a great one full of my favorite color, pink! The wine was given it’s name for the cypress trees you see across the Tuscan landscape. Look forward to trying the 2015!
- Variety: Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah from Languedoc
- Aroma: Refreshing strawberry
- Taste: Light, fresh and fruity
- Price: $15
- My thoughts: It’s like sipping a glass of Rosé on the Mediterranean! This classic combo of French Rosé grapes is the perfect example from the South of France. And bonus…Rose on the bottom of the beautiful bottle.
Cheers, Saluté, Santé to Rosé!Tagged As:
French Wine, Gérard Bertrand, Gérard Bertrand Cote des Roses 2014, Italian wine, Rosé, Santa Cristina, Santa Cristina Cipresseto Toscana IGT Rosato 2014