Celebrate Summer with Riesling
- The grape was first cultivated in the village of Piesport, where it still resides today.
- Germany has 61.4% of the worldâ€™s Riesling vineyards – more than 50,000 acres of vines!
- Riesling occupies over 20% of Germanyâ€™s vineyards.
- Close to 2/3 of the entire Riesling production in Germany is dry.
- German Riesling is widely considered to be the most food compatible white wine in the world.
- Riesling is argued to be the varietal that best expresses terroir- or the soil the vines are grown in.
To join the Riesling fun, check out all the participating restaurants and events on Summer of Riesling and 31 Days of German Riesling. Tonight there’s even a German Riesling New York Harbor Concert Cruise with the German Wine Queen.
Prost to a great Riesling!
Australian Wine, Austrian Wine, Finger Lakes Wine Alliance, International Riesling Foundation, Paul Greico, Riesling, Snooth, Summer of Riesling, The 31 Days of German Riesling, Wines of Alsace, Wines of Germany