I’ll take the Rosés, please!
From Italy and France, here are my two current favorite Rosés perfect for everyday or a little gift for that special someone (instead of or with the roses)!
- Variety: Sangiovese and other complimentary varieties from Tuscany
- Aroma: Red fruits
- Taste: A bold yet balanced wine full of raspberry and strawberry notes
- Price: $14
- My thoughts: Love a Rosato (Italian Rosé) and this Santa Cristina is a great one full of my favorite color, pink! The wine was given it’s name for the cypress trees you see across the Tuscan landscape. Look forward to trying the 2015!
- Variety: Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah from Languedoc
- Aroma: Refreshing strawberry
- Taste: Light, fresh and fruity
- Price: $15
- My thoughts: It’s like sipping a glass of Rosé on the Mediterranean! This classic combo of French Rosé grapes is the perfect example from the South of France. And bonus…Rose on the bottom of the beautiful bottle.
Cheers, Saluté, Santé to Rosé!
Tagged As: French Wine
, Gérard Bertrand
, Gérard Bertrand Cote des Roses 2014
, Italian wine
, Santa Cristina
, Santa Cristina Cipresseto Toscana IGT Rosato 2014
Awards Season 2016 is upon us which means one fabulous beverage…Champagne!
To celebrate Moët & Chandon‘s 25th Anniversary as the official Champagne of the Golden Globes, Moët has created a home viewing party kit just for you!
The Moët Mini Caddy includes 6 Moët Impérial minis with golden snap-in mini flutes in a cute reusable caddy. Moët imported special golden bubble Minis, which will only be served on the red carpet and are included in this 25th Anniversary Caddy. Order yours on Reserve Bar.
For a glimpse at all the yummies served at this year’s Golden Globes, have a look here. For recipes, including this year’s official Golden Globes cocktail Moët Ruby Red, click here.
Cheers to The Globes and Awards Season!
Tagged As: Champagne
, Golden Globe Awards
, Golden Globes
, Golden Globes Champagne
, Golden Globes official cocktail
, MoÃ«t & Chandon
, Reserve Bar
I’ve discovered THE wine for on-the-go…Sileni Estates NANO.
I picked it up on at the beach in Sea Island, Georgia at their market (more on this fabulous place in a new post). NANO is the perfect on-the-go size and comes in a plastic bottle with a cute cup. If Sea Island has it, it must be good.
Sileni Vineyards and Winery is based near Hastings, Hawke’s Bay, on the east coast of the North Island of New Zealand. In Roman mythology Bacchus, the God of Wine, had wise and loyal companions know a Sileni, who loved to celebrate good food, good wine and good company. Thus their name.
I bought and tried the Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.
- Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Aroma: Grapefruit and tropical fruits
- Taste: Classic tropical and gooseberry flavors
- Price: $4.99 for a plastic bottle and cute cup (basically one glass of wine)
- My thoughts: As I said above, this is the best single serving wine-on-the-go I’ve found in the U.S. It’s a classic New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
Look at this great line up on their website. Must find more.
Cheers to summer wine on-the-go!
Tagged As: New Zealand Wine
, Sauvignon Blanc
, Sileni Estates NANO Sauvignon Blanc
, Sileni Vineyards
, Wine On The Go
Love that hashtag. You’ll find it on Union Wine Company’s Underwood Pinot in a Can. It sums up their approach to wine and wine making…making crafted wines from Oregon that are affordable.
Underwood is just one of three wine brands from Union Wine Company. They also have Kings Ridge and Alchemist.
Underwood draws from the diverse palette of vineyards and wine growing regions that Oregon offers to create approachable everyday drinking wine.
I’d been interested in trying the wine in a can since it came out and finally came across it at Cordial Wine in DC’s Union Market. And boy was it fun popping a can of wine.
- Variety: 100% Pinot Gris
- Aroma: Peach and grapefruit
- Taste: Peach, grapefruit, pear
- Price: $24 for a 4 pack one their website. One can is 375ml so half a bottle.
- My thoughts: Loved it! Definitely gonna order more of this for the summer…perfect for the beach, picnics, concerts in the park. You can smell the goodness in the can and the taste is right on Oregon Pinot Gris.
- Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Aroma: Cherry
- Taste: Cherry, raspberry, hints of cocoa
- Price: $24 for a 4 pack on their website. One can is 375ml so half a bottle.
- My thoughts: Picked up a little cherry on the nose in the can. Taste had much more depth but a light Pinot Noir. Still a great summer red option…would be great with a slight chill.
Also ordering their Underwood Rosé bottle. Looks gorgeous and only $12.
You can’t go wrong with Oregon Pinot! #pinkiesdown cheers!
Tagged As: #pinkiesdown
, Oregon Wine
, Pinot Gris
, Pinot Noir
, Underwood Pinot Gris
, Underwood Pinot in a Can
, Underwood Pinot Noir
, Union Wine Co
, wine in a can