Thatâ€™s what Virginiaâ€™s Governor Robert McDonnell said at Thursday night’s Virginia Wine Month celebration hosted by the Virginia Tourism Office and Virginia Wine Board at Lincoln Restaurant in Washington, DC.
Unfortunately I was out of town so couldnâ€™t attend but luckily Virginia Wine TVÂ covered it so I was able to catch the highlights thanks to their great coverage!
The event featured four great wineries you can put on your list for this last weekend of Virginia Wine Monthâ€¦
- Chatham Vineyards on the Eastern Shore (also theÂ Virginia Wine of the Month Club feature this October)
- Barboursville Vineyards outside of Charlottesville on the Monticello Wine Trail
- Breaux Vineyards & Boxwood Winery both in Loudoun County
The Governor’s remarks also included…
- Virginia wine sales increased +13% last year and this year already up +11%.
- Virginia is taking it internationally not only with sales in the UK but shows in Europe last year, Asia this year and India coming up.
- The newest vines in Virginia are in his backyard with 10 Chambourcin vines.
- Even though Virginia is #5 in the country in wine production, look out #1 California here we come!
All in all a fun evening celebrating the continued growing success of Virginia wine now up to 200 wineries.
Virginia is for wine lovers. Cheers!Tagged As:
Barboursville Vineyards, Boxwood Winery, Breaux Vineyards, Chatham Vineyards, Monticello Wine Trail, Virginia Wine, Virginia Wine Board, Virginia Wine Month, Virginia Wine of the Month Club, Virginia Wine TV