The label grabbed me in our Amsterdam wine shop. The playful art and fun names, like Ribet White (Chardonnay-Viognier), Lily Pad Pink (a Sparkling Rose), Lily Pad Noir (Pinot Noir) and StickyÂ white (Muscat), said this is a FrenchÂ wine that doesn’t take itself too seriously. And the price was great! I tried it and was hooked. They have fun AND produce a great value FrenchÂ wine…eighteen of them in fact available in thirty countries.
Jean-Claude Mas, the Humble Winemaker, started Arrogant Frog in 1999 at his family’s estate afterÂ working at other large south of FranceÂ wineries. Generations of his family have tended to vineyards and made wine in the Languedoc region. Arrogant Frog is “old world vines with new world attitude” and their goal is to have original, creative and enjoyable wines that are a good value.
Savvy Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc
- Grape Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Aroma: Grapefruit, gooseberry, herbal notes
- Taste: Fruity with hints of herb
- Price: $9 range
- My thoughts: If you like Sauvignon Blanc, you’ll like this wine! Also a great wine to take to parties…name & label make people smile!
Croak Rotie, Syrah-Viognier
- Grape Variety: 85% Syrah, 15% Viognier
- Aroma: Violet flower, blueberry, spice
- Taste: Mellow, velvety black currants
- Price: $9 range
- My thoughts: A great combination of grapes make this a unique easy drinking red wine.
There are five varieties available in the U.S….in addition to the two above, Lily Pad White (Chardonnay), Lily Pad Noir (Pinot Noir) and Lily Pad Red (Cabernet-Merlot). To find them near you in the U.S., check out Palm Bay International’s wine locatorÂ or check with your local wine shop.
Cheers to the cute arrogant frog!Tagged As:
Arrogant Frog, Croak Roatie, French Wine, Palm Bay International, Sauvignon Blanc, Savvy Sauvignon, Syrah, Viognier