SpaFinder’s 2011 Top Spa Trends
If you’re a spa lover like me, you’ll love this trend report, from SpaFinder’s president Susie Ellis, on ‘what’s coming up’ in the spa world in 2011. I see partaking in a few myself!
Here’s a summary or check out the complete report for more details.
- AGINGâ€¦RAGING: more tailoring to the baby boomer generation.
- ALL EYES ON ASIA: Explosive growth of hotel/spa development within Asia, especially within China and India, means people will be venturing to Asia for experiences vs just going to Asian influence spas.
- SALT ROOMS AND SALT CAVES: Salt therapy, also called halotherapy, has been going on for years due to respiratory illnesses and skin condition benefits. Spas are finding stylish new ways to recreate the natural salt cave microclimate, like encrusted, stalactite-drenched grottoes.
- SPA BRANDWAGON: 2011 will be a watershed year for branded spa experiences as consumers seek the consistency of treatments they know and love…from the cool, urban Bliss or Exhale to the eco-luxury of Six Senses.
- DEALS GONE WILD: Online group-buying deals through sites like GroupOn or LivingSocial are sure to continue allowing people to try new spas and experiences at a discount.
- THE SCIENCE OF SPA: Emphasis on evidence-based medicine and the â€œscience behind spaâ€ heats up. And with more medical professionals embracing integrative/alternative medicine, look for more clinical studies.
- HYPER-LOCAL SPAS: Spas are now trending with the â€œfarm-to-tableâ€ movement, offering treatments with locally sourced fruits, herbs and honey like a maple scrub in Canada.
- EXTREME BEAUTY: SPA EDITION: Beauty-seekers are taking it to the max, far beyond BotoxÂ® to stem-cell facials and plasma therapy.
- SPA, IN A NEW YORK MINUTE: The trend toward â€œexpress,â€ â€œsamplerâ€ or â€œmini-sizedâ€ treatments continues to rise, pleasing time- and budget-crunched consumers.
- SURPRISING SPECIAL EVENTS: Spas are developing distinctive specialty programs to draw patrons seeking a unique group experience from a high-flying â€œTrapeze Experienceâ€ to a creative jewelry-making class to the more sober and grounded gathering for survivors of loss.
SpaFinderâ€™s Spa Trend Reportâ„¢, by SpaFinder, Inc, identifies global spa trends that will influence spa experiences for both consumers and the industry in the coming year and for decades to come.Â The report, now in its eighth year, is based on analyses from a large team of experts who visit hundreds of day and stay spas each year; interviews with top industry analysts; ongoing research across the spa, travel and beauty sectors; and data derived from SpaFinderâ€™s relationships with over 9,000 spas and salons across the globe.Tagged As:
Spa Trends, SpaFinder